This feature makes the system so flexible that one company can operate in multiple areas, cities and even countries.
To set up the Base for each car please go to the back office > Dashboard > Cars > Edit or New car screen.
Scroll down to find "Use Own base?" and set this to "Yes".
The system will expand to show a few options that you can use to fine tune your car's area of operation:
Country - by default your country from general settings will be displayed but you can change this here if you are operating in multiple countries.
City - selecting city will help the system find the area of operation for that car quicker.
Create Area of operation: Area of operation button - click on the button to see the Area of operation on a map. You can resize the Area of operation by moving the nodes along the borders. You can move the area of operation by grabbing it and dragging it around. Note: adding City in above option will centre the Area of operation around that city so it's easier for you to manipulate the area.
Pick up in Area: Yes/No - with this option you limit if the Pick up address for this car is only within the Area of operation.
Drop off in Area: Yes/No - same as above but for Drop off address.
Base Address - if the usual place of your car waiting is known you can set it up here. This will help the system calculate the distance and time of that car travelling to the Pick up address and/or coming back from the Drop off address.
Base Latitude and Base Longitude will be automatically fetched by the address above but if for some reason they are not correct you can manually edit them here.
Base to Pick up Calculation: Yes/No - if Base coordinates are set and "Yes" selected here then the system will calculate both time and distance needed for the car to travel to the Pick up address.
Use for Fixed fare routes: Both price and time/Time only/No - here you can select if above option will be also used for Fixed fare routes (if Base to Pick up calculation is added to all Fixed fare routes).
- Both price and time - this option will add Price calculation for Base to Pick up to all Fixed fare routes and will also add time calculation for Base to Pick up to block off Car availability so there are no double bookings.
- Time only - this option will not change the Price of the Fixed fare route but will consider the time needed for Base to Pick up and block off Car availability to avoid double bookings.
- No - with this option Base to Pick up will not be considered for Fixed fare routes.
Base to Pick up charge: Flat rate/Per unit distance - with this option you set up what the Price (charge) for Base to Pick up will be.
- Flat rate - this is a flat rate charge that will be added to any booking.
- Per unit distance (kilometre or mile depending on your General settings) - this option will calculate the Price to add to the booking based on distance between Base and Pick up address.
Charge if Base to Pick up over unit distance: - here you set up the radius which Pick up should be away from Base so above settings are considered.
Drop off to Base calculation: Yes/No - when you select "Yes" here you will have all option as Base to Pick up above.
Add time after each booking (minutes) - with this option you can add some time to the automatic time calculation for the whole journey. This setting is useful if the driver needs some time for car cleaning, refuelling etc.